In our industrial society long term conservation of natural resources is one of the concerns of the authorities. BTEE can provide skills which we have used hundreds of times for drawing up management plans.
For example our services include:
- Establishment and management of a steering committee that includes local officials;
- Searches and bibliographic and historical analysis;
- Field inspections and inventories (condition of site and its biotopes, biological communities, natural and anthropogenic influences, regional and supra-regional interconnections, threats, risks, opportunities and so forth);
- Definition of management objectives;
- Long term investment plans and schedules;
- Design, performance and oversight of regional development indicators, public management indicators, revitalisation or natural restoration and maintenance indicators;
- Public information: signs, guided tours, day visits for communal or cantonal decision makers.
We can also perform the study for legal protection of the site and writing applicable rules.